Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What is Fair?

“His (David) inclusion in the royal family was King Saul’s idea.  His exclusion was Saul’s idea as well.  Had David not ducked, he would have been pinned to the wall by the spear of the jealous king.  But David did duck, and David did run.  For ten years he ran.  Into the wilderness he ran.  Sleeping in caves, surviving on wild animals.  He was hated and hunted like a jackal.”  Max Lucado  Traveling Light

Was this fair?  Heavens NO!  David was hated for no reason.  Saul’s inadequacies led him to persecute David.  Punishment was not earned.  Why comment on such obvious circumstances?  I get hung up on what is fair.  I guess you could say “fairness” is one of my personal hang-ups.  Fairness should be spread around, in my opinion.  So, quite naturally, this bit of history caught my eye.  Circumstances often dictate my cry, “Unfair!”  Yet, looking at David’s circumstances, he ran for TEN YEARS.  Crazy, I say.  We won’t even go into everything else he endured.  David kept his eyes on God and not on his circumstances.  This is a lesson that I must learn.  “For you save a humble people, but the haughty eyes you bring down.  For it is you who light my lamp; the Lord my God lightens my darkness.”  Psalm 18:27-28

kenny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home