Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Sign of Greatness

Hi there!  Yes, this is your daily devotional. J  The question is:  What will you get today?

Well, I’m gonna take it easy on you, per se.  The drive to work can be a good time to reflect and pray on things (when you aren’t jamming out to music or dancing in the driver’s seat that is!).  I was pondering and praying this morning on the way in to work.  And so, you get my thoughts today. 

What were they?  What does the name of this devotion, “A Sign of Greatness” mean?  Glad you asked…..

I was thinking about my girlfriend.  And NOW, you are like, “I don’t want to hear about this!”, or “I don’t want to hear any mushy stuff!”  Well, TOUGH!  ;)  My thought about her was that she is great….because she wants to be with me!  I know this might sound a little self-centered, but oh well.  Think about it….you hang with people and people hang with you because they want to be with you.  They enjoy your presence and like you for who you are.

And it was these thoughts that led to the next jump…..God Almighty wants to be with me.  Abba God wants to spend time with me.  Why else would He tell me that He wants to be with me, AND send His only Son to die an atoning death in order to restore relationship with me.  “In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.”  1 John 4:10  Yes, God does love us and wants to be with us.  Too often, we do not think about it….let alone embrace it.  It is something that we should think about and act upon.

kenny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home