Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Sweet Heaviness

“Take your memories, I don’t need ‘em.”  Keith Urban’s You’ll Think of Me

As I drove into work this morning, Keith Urban was playing loud.  The lyrics hung heavy on my heart.  Though, it was not an oppressive heaviness at all.  A sweet heaviness shrouded my heart.  I started thinking about past girlfriends, and God brought something to mind.

How to let go in love.

I don’t want to lose my memories of past girlfriends.  Do I dwell on them?  Heavens, no!  But, I don’t want them banished either.  We learn from everything in life—the good and the bad.  It is the ability to let go in love that I believe God gave me.  To look back on those experiences and wholeheartedly WISH and WANT nothing but the best for those women.  I even pray regularly for one of them (though they don’t know it).  Some people might call me crazy, but I don’t and won’t regret those past relationships.

A beautiful experience and realization was given this morning.  Love does cover much!  I believe we can look on the past in love.  For, it is no longer a passionate love but has been healed and turned into a brotherly, Godly love.  Thank you, Jesus!

kenny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home