Monday, January 16, 2006

Luke 5:29-32

"And Levi made him a great feast in his own house: and there was a great company of publicans and of others that sat down with them. But their scribes and Pharisees murmured against his disciples, saying, Why do ye eat and drink with publicans and sinners? And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." Luke 5:29-32

Preoccupation. Websters has a few definitions for this word. 1) The state of being preoccupied. 2) Something that preoccupies or engrosses the mind. 3) Occupation of a place in advance. I am guilty of preoccupation to the point of God's mission and business not being done. Time is available for fun, friends, and myself, but not for those truly in need. The publicans and sinners.

My weeks are normally planned out. My evenings are designated. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are "me" days. I go home and try to relax and read in a novel and the Bible. Thursdays are either Awakening or an accountability group meeting. Both of which serve more to help myself or for the companionship of friends, with some emphasis on others(which are primarily Christians). Fridays and Saturdays are the fun days. Social events are going on during these days and nights! Who benefits from the movies, bowling, coffee shops, and concerts? ME! Sunday is the LORD's day. Now, I left out Mondays. I did manage to squeeze some Upward Basketball practices in on those days. The feeling, when leaving, was not of a high contribution factor. Mainly, I got chased around by the children. While it was very fun, the children did manage to wear me out! Where is my focus on those truly in need? The sinners and publicans?

Time does need to be given to our personal growth in the LORD, encouragement and teaching of others in the LORD, and some fun social time! BUT, time management needs to be better used! I need to cut back in some areas and give more of myself and the Lord Jesus Christ to those in need. The Social Life time could definitely be chopped back a bit. We need to be more active in society. Make the LORD known to those in need! We need to delegate more time of "they that are whole" and put it on "they that are sick."! A schedule shuffle needs to occur! Where and when can you contribute? Shift the attention of enriching our own lives, and enrich the poor's life! We must preoccupy some time for the sick!

kenny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home