Monday, January 16, 2006

Proverbs 8:17

"I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me." Proverbs 8:17

Diligence is the word to describe how we must dig into the Word of God. We must be persistent. There have been times when the Word and the Spirit has brought brand new revelation to me. However the majority of the time, the Word brings past experiences to mind. This is how enlightenment is brought. Wisdom gained.

I heard Steve Gillis say that he likes to read the Bible until it speaks to him. After hearing this, I modified my way of reading. Enough time had not been devoted to study. Now, my reading is not finished usually until a verse speaks to me. It isn't like God comes over the intercom in my head and provides an explanation. My life experiences are what He uses. The life experiences of others are used. Movies and songs speak to me. Anything based off life experiences. Experience is how we make it personal. It is how things stick in our mind and make us cling to it more passionately. A total understanding is possessed. It is not just remembering the knowledge, which can be impersonal. God shows us wisdom in a personal way! He shows how and when we've made mistakes. How we should have dealt with a situation or person. Mistakes are how we best learn. Knowledge and wisdom are ground into the heart. God's Word reflects our lives back into our faces. "A real book is not one that we read, but one that reads us." W.H.Auden

Knowledge and wisdom is best gained when it is personalized. I have gained it in different ways. It sticks best when I realize how I goofed up, and God shows me what to do to fix it. The wisdom of God will help keep your course in the future. For when the same situation comes up, you now know how to handle and face it! God allows us to experience circumstances to mature and grow us in His wisdom and love. We do not always understand what is going on in the heat of the fiery trial. But if we dig into God's Word consistently, He is faithful and will shed light into our heart. Wisdom will grow. Christlikeness will be acquired bit by bit. "The Word of God must be Read and Heard with Diligence that so you may arrive to the Knowledge that is needful for you." Cotton Mather

kenny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home