Wednesday, April 27, 2011

No Generic Faith

“Desperation is better than despair.  Remember, our faith did not create our desperate days.  Faith’s work is to sustain us through those days and to solve them.  Yet the only alternative to desperate faith is despair.  Faith holds on and prevails.”  L.B. Cowman  Streams in the Desert

Not a generic faith in the concept of God, a faith is required in the PERSON of God!  I don’t trust my business to the concept of a friend; I trust my business to Jeremy Cochran, Matt and Jeanne Barron, and Scot Luman (just being a few of the recent ones, but definitely not limited to those!), etc.  Trust has been earned by these people through their friendships.  My faith was not placed in the concept of God, but in the Person that God showed Himself to be by the light of His revelation.  My eternity is not based on a concept, but a faith in God.  The daily life I lead is buoyed to Jehovah, and it is a talking relationship that helps me in the daily grind (or desperate times)!

kenny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home